Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

An Inspiring TED Talk About the Brain

I came across this TED Talk over the weekend by Jill Bolte Taylor. She is a brain scientist who learned something incredible about the brain after suffering a stroke. 


Basically, she talks about the amazing experience of being disconnecting from the left side of her brain (the part of the brain that collects data from the past and makes predictions about the future) and living fully in the right side of her brain (the part that experiences the now in a very sensory way) during her stroke. 

I could never do her story justice but I hope that you take the time to watch her talk. 

I found it to be quite inspiring. I sure hope some day I can find a way to spend more time on the right side of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment