Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

3 Weeks Into My Endometriosis Treatment

I'm back on the pill again, hoping to eliminate my periods in an effort to control the crazy pain that now accompanies my cycle. Thank you so much endometriosis.

Adjusting to these hormones has been a challenge. For the entire 3 weeks I've been on them, I've felt like I'm about to get my period. Yep, all the annoying and frustrating symptoms of PMS are happening every day. With time I'm confident my body will acclimate to this regulated level of hormones. I'm just not sure how much time will be required.

I feel like I've been sitting around with my fingers crossed and my breath held for the last week or so, waiting to see what my body does. Will I get any break-through bleeding this month? Was my last period, which landed me in the ER, actually my last period? Will I get some pain even if I don't have any bleeding? I just wish I knew what was going to happen.

While I wait, somewhat impatiently, all I can do is take my pills as prescribed, each and every day. A task, which isn't as easy as it used to be. I can't even believe I'm about to say this, but... back when I was young the pill used to come in a plastic container that allowed you to set a dial and indicate which pill was for which day of the week. Since taking them regularly is key to their efficacy this was an important feature that made it really easy to see if you had taken your pill for the day or not.

I do remember the dial packs being eliminated shortly before I went off them about a decade ago but they were replaced with stickers that would indicate which pills were for which day. It was a less elegant solution but it worked just the same.

Now, well, now I just have a press pack and I have no idea if I'm on the right track or not. Not great for someone like me with migraine and fibromyalgia induced brain fog. I'm tempted to start using my pill box organizer that I've been using for years to help me keep track of the muscle relaxer I take. But still, I'm disappointed in the deterioration of the packaging of this product over the years.


1 comment:

  1. I use a pill box organizer for my pills because otherwise my fibro brain fog would have me totally forget my pills. I forget enough as it is. I hope this works! fingers crossed, toes crossed, and prayers for you!!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete