Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Preparing For The Next Step

Today is likely to be my last full day in Rochester. Unless my insurance comes through with Botox approval, which seems  pretty unlikely right now. Tomorrow I'll drive down to my in-laws house just outside of St. Louis and there I will be.

My body is tired but I've been trying to rest and relax as much as possible this weekend in preparation for what will be a busy couple weeks ahead. I'll spend most of this week exploring the new city and looking for a place to live. My husband, dog and all our stuff will be arriving next week and then we still have the final leg of the move ahead of us.

I can feel myself getting increasingly anxious about everything; staying with my in-laws without my husband, entering week 2 living out of a suitcase with no idea of when I'll feel like I'm at home, trying to balance my health needs with the many tasks ahead and the obligations of visiting people... My stomach has been knotting up and such so I've been trying not to spend much time thinking about anything further out than whatever task is immediately at hand. It's hard to know exactly how effective that has been but it feels necessary and I think I'm benefiting from it.

On a slightly different note, I'm looking forward to being back on my own computer again so I can start posting pictures with my blog posts. Sorry for the lack of them lately!

3 comments:

  1. Taking it a day at a time, and a step at a time is smart! Don't think too much, it leads to worry, and worry leads to stress. It sounds like you've got good control over your situation, you know what needs to be done, and you are handling it beautifully. The knots in your stomach will diminish when you set eyes on your hubby! I bet your dog is going to jump for joy when he sees you!

    I'm excited for you to get settled, and have a new home. Moving IN is the best part of the move!
    Big, gentle hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give you so much credit! I don't think I would be handling all that as well as you sound like you have been!

    I am about to leave to go to my neuro for yet another round of Botox. I haven't had it in over a year so I'm excited to see if I notice any difference this time!

    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medicare paid for my botox, disability from migraines since 2007. Would think everyone would if they do. Just had second round. Has helped some. See a neurologist at St Louis University.

    ReplyDelete