Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Starting a New Project, Slowly

The past 5 days have been odd. As much as I've craved composing a blog post, I just wasn't in the right frame of mind. It all started on Wednesday when our sweet little chihuahua, Gypsy, had to have a few teeth pulled. Doesn't sound like much but dental work on dogs always involves anesthesia. Wednesday, Thursday and even Friday were pretty tough for her so I wasn't able to get a whole lot done besides attending to her needs.

Gypsy 
I had hoped to start painting this old antique wash stand over the weekend. On Friday afternoon, I took it apart cleaned it up and got all my supplies together.




Gypsy oversaw all the prep work, uncomfortable letting me out of her sight.




The only progress I actually made over the weekend was getting the inside of the drawers painted. Hubby and I ended up working on some other projects together, including moving a couple pieces of furniture, taking naps, and watching Netflix. The whole weekend was rainy or overcast so it was prime napping/cuddle weather. Plus Gypsy still wasn't feeling 100% so she appreciated the extra attention.

Now the plan for the week is to get that painting project going. I hope to have it all done and ready to be used by the end of the month. My chronic migraine and fibromyalgia have me moving at such a glacial pace, these small projects always take so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment