Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Power of a Thankful Frame of Mind

Seems impossible to believe that Thanksgiving is just two days away.

For the first time ever, I started decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. Outside of a couple small unfinished details, I'm almost done for the season. With the house already looking like a winter wonderland my mind is already in the Christmas spirit.

Thankfully, Thanksgiving isn't about eating a big harvest meal, or watching football. It's about recognizing and being thankful for all the blessings we have - something that can be done even in the glow of a Christmas tree.

Feeling thankful isn't always an easy thing to do when you living with chronic pain. Sometimes it can be hard to see around the struggle. But isn't that the very reason we should be doing this and not just around Thanksgiving but regularly throughout the year?

Being in that thankful frame of mind can be transformative. It can cheer me up, change my perspective and brighten my spirit. No matter how rough things get, I still have so much to be thankful for. All I have to do is think about my blessing and the impact on my life - it's completely free and available almost anywhere, at almost any time. Powerful stuff.

What I want most out of this Thanksgiving is to spend as much time as possible in that thankful frame of mind. I don't want to stress or worry about anything.

I'm setting my intention and have decided I will be happy for any amount of success. No pressure.


No comments:

Post a Comment