Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

The Narrow Window of Opportunity Between Weather and Pain

We've had lots of chilly, windy and rainy days over the last month or so. With a weather respite now arriving I have a list of things I want us to get done outside. Nothing too big - some light maintenance to the exterior of the house and some spring clean up and prepping for some planting. The trouble is, we not only need to work around the weather but also my migraines and fibromyalgia.

I can't do this kind of outdoor work unless I'm having a fairly descent day AND it's not too cold or not too hot. We're talking about a 7 degree range of comfort here. Even on those days I can't spend much time outside. The sun is a big trigger for me so it doesn't take much to put me on the road to a migraine. 

With these narrow parameters it seems like we never quite get everything done that I'd like before the summer heat and humidity make any outdoor projects impossible for me. I find myself wishing I could spend the time our neighbors do outside tending to their landscaping. The results of their efforts are always so nice. I would love to do that. 




1 comment:

  1. during the summer I become an obsessive early bird, I'm puttering about when the sun comes up, because I know come mid-morning I'll probably be done for the day. :(

    ReplyDelete