Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Climbing Out of a Bad Spell


After almost two weeks of constant migraines it looks like I'm finally climbing out of it. Just in time too as there is still so much to do before my trip. I'm back to my regular housewife duties.
Much like with Halloween I'm having trouble feeling like Thanksgiving is just 9 days away. The news has been all over the holiday retail season's early start this year. The radio stations are going to start playing festive music on Friday instead of after Thanksgiving as usual. I've had to start planning and such already. No wonder I'm not in the Thanksgiving Day spirit.

Maybe another reason is that we don't really have any plans. For the most part all of our family and friends live so far away. I say for the most part because I do have an uncle and a cousin who live in the area and we have spent the last couple Thanksgivings with them. I sort of doubt that will happen this year as they have had some family drama and may not be up for it.

I don't mind not having big plans especially since I'll be leaving that weekend. The more rest I get between now and then the better I'll do on the long drive.

Do you have big gatherings for Thanksgiving? How does this work with your pain?

4 comments:

  1. My family always has a BIG Thanksgiving get together at my parents' house - usually 40-50 people. It's an all day thing, lasting from lunch through dinner and on into the evening. A lot of my cousins love to play outside (football, tetherball, fishing, anything outside), but I normally need to stay inside because of my pain. I also don't always do well with a lot of people around. I can handle it for a little while, but I then sneak off to a dark, quiet corner of the house to nap or at least be alone. It's hard.

    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving, regardless of whether it's big or small. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the illustration - so thrilled to have a shiney frying pan!!!! Hoping your head behaves for the holidays!

    Planning on doing nothing for Thanksgiving. Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you going? I am sure I read it, as I read every one of your posts...but I forget!

    My Thanksgiving plans are waking up early with my Sweetie, my boys & my pups...watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as usual, baking,then heading to Jesse's parents for dinner, dragging my dad & grandmother along with us!

    I tend to just numb the pain with meds or cocktails those days, as I'd rather suffer than miss the holidays with my boys. The days after...I am usually useless and dying! But...it's worth it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie - Wow! That's a big gathering. I can see myself escaping into a quiet corner too in that kind of situation. It's nice that you can still go and enjoy however much you can.

    Winny - Isn't she funny :)

    Jessica - I'm going to MN to stay with my mom as she has her knee replaced. Your thanksgiving sounds like fun. Busy.

    I hope you all have a great, safe, and manageable Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete