Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

D*** Sun

The sun feels so cruel today. Okay, so admittedly I'm never that keen on lots of bright sunshine but, as every migrainista knows, the sun is much more painful and bothersome during times of high pain. Times like right now when I've had a string of really bad days.

I've gone ahead and drawn my room darkening drapes and am holed up in the migraine cave otherwise known as home but there are areas of our apartment that sun still comes in and there isn't much to do about it. The bathroom for example. We have a big window in the shower of our bathroom so I can't really put these wonderful drapes in there. Avoiding the bathroom is clearly impossible so avoiding the sun entirely is also impossible.

After bumping around the apartment all morning cursing the sun for invading my space, I've finally just resigned to wearing my shades when I have to leave the darkness of the living room. Can hardly wait for the sweet relief of night. Longing even more for this long string of bad days to come to an end.

1 comment:

  1. I do quite a bit of walking around with my eyes closed on bad days. Maybe you could rig some kind of plastic shade for your bathroom window?

    Hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete