Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Waking Up With A #Fibromyalgia Flare

Source: Pinterest
It happens far too often. Morning arrives and as I slowly crawl out of sleep I am hit with an overwhelming feeling of exhaustion accompanied by widespread pain and soreness. Was I sleeping or did I just complete a triathlon and quick run through one of those America Ninja Warrior courses? I can't tell for sure.

Not only do I wake more tired than I was before I went to sleep but I'm also incredibly sore, achy and, in some spots, in pain. My hands, my wrists, my arms, my back, my neck, my legs, my feet, my eyelids - oh my! What is happening to me during the night?

Clearly this is my fibromyalgia doing its thing - getting mad maybe because I've done too much, done too little, or just for the fun of torturing me. Let's face it, fibromyaglia doesn't need a good reason to make the body feel like it has just been through a tremendous physical ordeal. But after overdoing it and then spending the past couple days on the couch trying to recover, it's no surprise this morning was one of these mornings that I received a fibro smack down. Just another great reason to keep to my slow steady pace.

1 comment: