Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

I've recently discovered something very cool that I wanted to share with you-all. I first saw it on Pinterest several weeks ago and was drawn to it because of it was so cheap and so simple: homemade microwave popcorn. 

I'm a big fan of popcorn but decided several years ago to get rid of the big old air popping machine that I had been using since the early '90s. It still popped corn but it also still threw kernels everywhere and took up a lot of space. Then I turned to store bought microwave popcorn. It was quick, it was easy and it even taste good. Heck I even continued to eat it despite learning about all the terrible chemicals in it. I was primed and ready for an easy healthy alternative when this one fell into my lap.

It couldn't be more simple. All you need is one paper lunch bag and a 1/4 cup of kernels.

I folded the top of the bag over a couple time to close it up and popped it into the microwave (pun intended:) for 2 minutes.


Perfectly popped corn and nothing more. Of course, plain popcorn doesn't have a fabulous taste so you can add in anything you want. I like to add garlic powder and paprika or turmeric. 

I was sincerely surprised when I tried this and it worked. I guess a lifetimes of seeing popcorn come from machines at home, at movie theaters, bars and fairs just had me convinced it had to be that way. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment