Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Just Days Away From Christmas

Christmas is now just 5 days away. Even though I spent the last 4 days unpacking it looks like I've only scratched the surface.


With all this work staring me in the face I can't stand thinking about all the shopping and wrapping left to do. Then we have two big family gatherings to attend, both of which we will need to bring a dish to pass. I'm thinking we'll be bringing store bought food instead of home cooking. That should save me lots of time and stress.

Hubby had the wonderful idea of putting up our decorations this past weekend before the movers came, knowing there would be no time to do it after. I love sitting in the dark and looking at the tree. So far the only thing Santa has brought us is a little bunny rabbit. Honestly, he is much cuter than any wrapped package could be.



As much as I wish we had more time to prepare, the holidays are all but here and I am determined to enjoy them as much as possible. AND this year I'm determined not to overdo it. I know, I know, I've said it all before. But this year I'm betting that the sheer exhaustion of the move will work in my favor. I just don't have the energy to put on much of a brave act. That being said, all my fingers are crossed that migraine pain won't keep me at home through the festivities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment