Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Stress: Enemy or Friend?


I came across this TED Talk yesterday that I wanted to share with all of you. The speaker, Kelly McGonigal, shares some fascinating research about stress.

Basically the research shows, it's not so much the stress in our lives that has a negative impact on our bodies/health. Instead it's whether or not we believe stress is bad for us that determines whether or not the stress has a negative impact on us.

Of course, she does a much better job of presenting the research and explaining it so I would highly recommend checking out the short presentation below.




I know I've long been one of those people who believes stress is bad for you. I've read articles and seen scary stats that show how stress impacts various aspects of our health. This fresh perspective on the matter has convinced me I ought to train myself to look at my stress differently.

After all, life is full of stress. One can't really eliminate it. Wouldn't it be something if we could learn to embrace it?

No comments:

Post a Comment