Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kaboom!


I'm so happy about this product I could cry! I realize how silly this may sound but you will soon understand. You see I like things clean and orderly, it gives me feeling of comfort and ease. Since I've been struggling with this chronic pain I'm not able to keep my house the way I used to. How I wish I had more of these comfort and at ease feelings especially in light of the havoc pain has brought.
My biggest nemesis since we moved here has been the white tile and grout in the bath/shower. Within a week of moving in all kinds of mold and mildew was taking over the grout and caulk. I've always had smooth solid surfaces in the past so I wasn't expecting this invasion, nor did I know how to deal with it. I scrubbed with all kinds of cleaners, all kinds of brushes and pads. I was able to make some headway on the grout with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but it required hours of elbow grease. Even with hours of scrubbing nothing helped with the mold or mildew in the caulk.
On a lark I decided to pick up this Kaboom Stain buster Mold & Mildew Stain Remover. The grocery store I shop at just recently started carrying it and I saw that the product made a couple claims that really appealed to me as a migrainista like "no obnoxious fumes" and "no scrubbing." But you know how cleaning products are...all kinds of lofty claims that never really pan out.
I sprayed Kaboom all over the tiles and returned to the couch. After about 10 minutes I got curious and went to check how it was working. You wouldn't believe the excitement and surprise I felt when I saw nothing but white tiles, grout and caulk. All I had to do was spray it on and it cleaned itself!!! I didn't have to deal with overpowering fumes that used to exacerbate my migraines. I didn't have to spend hours scrubbing which caused a sharp increase in hand/arm nerve pain. This morning I got to take my shower in the comfort of the shiny clean of 18 months ago. And perhaps best of all, I now have this magical product that I can continue to use anytime.
I know a cleaning product sounds like a simple domestic thing but this one is so much more than that. Kaboom Stain Buster is a small victory for my well being in a time when victories are hard to come by. If you struggle with your bathroom tiles I hope it can be a victory for you as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love the kaboom toilet cleaner also, even tho the KaBoom ads make my head hurt!!!

    ReplyDelete