Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Restless Me


I'm starting to get restless. It seems like the walls of our small apartment are closing in on me. We live in a 3rd floor unit with no balcony so there is just no real access to the outdoors. Sure I get outside most days running errands and/or walking the dog, but when I want to sit down and relax I have to go back inside to the same 4 walls. This is the first place I've lived for any length of time without some outdoor space to enjoy - and it is making me restless.

I thought about rearranging the furniture as a way to just create some visual change. There really isn't much I could change in the bedroom because of the layout and furniture. The living room is pretty restrictive as well but does have more flexibility than the bedroom. I came up with a floor plan and got started only to realize the new arrangement really made the room seem much smaller. I guess the good news is that the original arrangement I set up was the best use of the space. The bad news, of course, is that I'm pretty much stuck with it.

Part of me really wants to move to a different apartment; something bigger so we can close our storage unit, and have a balcony. BUT...moving is a lot of work not to mention expensive. While part of me wants to move, most of me wants to stay and find another way to deal with my restlessness. Now I just need to figure out how.

Do you ladies get restless? What do you do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment