Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

PT Woes


I've been seeing my PT gals for almost 2 months now. I see a great PhD physical therapist with many years of experience with my kind of issues for the first 1/2 hour and then I get passed onto a therapist assistant who takes me through the exercises for the last 1/2 hour. The assistant I normally work with is great but left 2 weeks ago Wednesday to get married and take a honeymoon.

The gal who is filling in for her specializes in sports and doesn't believe anything we've been doing is effective so she went ahead and started me on entirely different set of exercises. Each and every one of these new exercises works the muscles between my shoulder blades and lower neck area.

After the 3 restless and extremely uncomfortable nights camping last week followed by 2 straight days of her significantly more intense exercises my neck and upper back were in a pretty painful spasm. I wasn't able to do much of anything on Saturday. Sunday was a little better but not much. Today I was beginning to loosen up a bit and move pretty good. Just in time for PT this afternoon.

I was pretty clear that I had a long painful weekend but she insisted that I continue with the same exercises - using the very muscles that were just coming out of spasm - only doing more stretching between them. So guess what? Now I'm back in the same painful spasms and have just gone ahead and canceled my appointment for tomorrow.

Next week my usual gal will be back and so will I. Can't wait.

1 comment: