Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nervous

I have my first appointment with someone in the social security office tomorrow morning. I've spent a fair amount of time pulling together all kind of information in preparation for tomorrow. Today I'm just going back over everything and making sure it is all nice and neat and ready for tomorrow.

I'm quite nervous. I just don't know what to expect. I hope they are nice and understanding. I hope I have everything I need. I hope the process won't be ugly. I hope I get approved.

4 comments:

  1. For you I also hope that it goes well. What state do you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of horror stories floating around out there about inept, rude social workers, lengthy applications, and going through appeals after getting denied. Those things happen, and some have happened to me. But I've also worked with some supportive, intuitive, empathetic people, and was approved on my first try, after (only!) nine months in the queue.

    Have strength. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just relax and show what they said you needed. I found the interview quite friendly and the lady I had was very helpful. It is not true that they automatically turn everyone down right away. I was approved right away. Good luck tomorrow. Make sure you have a copy of everything for your own records. After this interview you will get some other paper work. It is about how you spend your day. Copy everything you send so you have it to refer to if you need it!

    You will do great!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you applying for disability?

    Hope it's a smooth process for you, although after going through it with my dad, there are sure to be bumps in the road. Just don't give up!!!! XoXo!

    ReplyDelete