Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Sleepy Monday

Something inside me took over on Saturday night and prevented me from sleeping. I was tired as always when it came time to go to bed. I took my meds, which always add that boost of sleepiness to a restless evening. Nevertheless I spent the entire night tossing and turning. My mind wasn't racing or caught on some silly obsessive thought. I simply couldn't sleep.

By the time morning came around I felt dehydrated and sick from the lack of sleep. Even though sleepless nights simply happen to everyone now and then, people like me can't handle these kinds of vicissitudes the way the average person can. I tried a couple times throughout Sunday to take a nap but was plagued with the same sleeplessness as the night before. At some point in the late afternoon I bypassed tired and slipped into a strange zone. I was actually getting nervous as bedtime drew near that I wasn't going to be able to sleep again.

It was this anxiety that made it difficult to get to sleep initially, but I was relieved when all of a sudden it was morning. Of course, I just wanted to stay in bed and catch up (impossible) on the lost sleep of the night before. But the day awaited and I got to it. Now a bit after 3 in the afternoon, I'm feeling like it's already 9pm. I'm really looking forward to going to bed tonight :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get some good refreshing sleep tonight M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same type problem. I hope you will sleep tonight. Part of my problem is I am getting used to sleeping in the house by myself. I have to leave a light on in the dining room because I can't sleep otherwise. I panic and have anxiety attacks and issues.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete