Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thank You Thursday

Dear Voters,

Thank you for turning out to vote and re-elect President Obama. I can't say that all the results turned out the way I wanted but I certainly feel a sense of relief that the health care bill is not going to be overturned. This was honestly a source of anxiety for me since I now have two preexisting conditions that would make health insurance a real problem for me in the future. Obviously the system is still broken but I can hardly wait to be able to join up with others to get a lower premium rate.

Beyond all of that, I can't imagine someone with such little understanding of us 47% of Americans being the one representing us. No thank you.

Dear Luck/Intuition/Divine Intervention,

Thank you for stopping me from walking head first into a spider in its web. I was looking down while walking to avoid stepping in a pile of dog poo left by one of the many irresponsible dog owners in the neighborhood when suddenly I stopped walking. After a beat, I looked up and directly in front of my eyes was a web between a couple low hanging branches and right in the center was a thick spider bigger than quarter.

If I had taken one more step that spider would have been in my hair. IN MY HAIR! My spider phobia would have made that a very ugly scene. I don't know if it was luck or intuition or divine intervention, but I am so thankful that I stopped when I did and saw the web/spider so I could change course and avoid that area in the future.

Dear Standard Time,

Thank you for finally returning. I know most people are huge fans of daylight saving time (DST) and the "extra" hour of sunlight you pretend to give us but I love returning to standard time and most of all I love that the sun is going down earlier each evening. I honestly feel like DST is an unnecessary annoyance in this day and age. How I wish we could do away with it entirely. After all, no matter what name we assign to an hour we cannot impact the amount of sunlight in a given day.



As a migrainista I always look forward to this time of year because the sunlight causes my head so much trouble and because I love having more dark hours to use candles and such to light our home. This kind of lighting is a real kindness on my eyes, plus it carries a certain romantic/cozy feeling with it.

2 comments:

  1. I am one of the 47% too! I can't imagine having a president that didn't care about the middle income people.

    I agree with you on the DST deal, but they do it for children who wait at bus stops and walk to school. I think it would be smarter to have the high school kids who start at 9-9:30am start earlier and be at the bus stop at 7am instead of the little grade school kids. The grade school kids should start later than the big kids.

    Ewww for poo and spiders! Yay for good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the daylight saving time either. I don't see the purpose. It started during world war I but today, who needs it. I am thankful that the election is over too.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete