Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thank You Thursday

Dear Gap,

Thank you so much for providing great ways to save money. Like all other retailers you like to get excited and spend a much of money promoting your 20% a single regular priced item mailers. But for the thriftier, savvier, more patient customers you can actually offer amazing deals. One of my favorite purchases from you was a pair of jeans for just $7.00! Come on, you can barely buy a used pair for that price.

Just this week, armed with an email coupon for 40% off your entire purchase, I headed to the Gap Outlet where you were having a huge sale. Shopping only the special sale priced tables and the clearance section I found 6 great shirts (3 short sleeve, 2 long sleeve, 1 turtle neck). These regular cotton shirts are a staple of my stay-at-home wardrobe. They are comfortable, they wash nice and they layer nicely under a sweater when I have to run to the store. The grand total, after tax, just $29. At an average of less than $5 per shirt I am one happy camper.

Saving money is one of those things that really makes me feel good inside. We all know the mark up on clothing is ridiculous. I refuse to pay retail. Heck, I won't even consider a sale price of less than 50% off, mostly sticking to 75% off or more. Thank you for helping me make that possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment