Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

The Magic Treatment


Today is the final day of the blog challenge and since the prompt today doesn't speak to me AND I just figured out that this post from day 17 never got published I will instead be responding to the day 17 prompt: invent the perfect imaginary treatment for your diagnosis. What would it look like? What would it do? How would it work

I would want 3 simple things from the perfect imaginary treatment.
     1. simple
     2. cheap
     3. no side effects

I think it would have to be a pill. Isn't that what we all want-a cheap pill that will solve our health problems without any crazy side effects? That way we can go about our lives as we please, free from all this, pacing, dietary changes, retreating to a dark room, meditating, worrying about getting just the right amount of sleep, avoiding the wide world of triggers...

This pill needs to be a total preventative. I expect that as long as I faithfully take my pill each and every day, it will prevent not only the pain but all of the symptoms of my chronic migraines and fibromyalgia. I can be totally reasonable, I'll be okay with taking one pill for the chronic migraines and one for the fibromyalgia.

As nice as that would be I think there are probably some benefits to the changes I've made in my life in an effort to better manage my symptoms. I'm eating healthier than I ever have before. I'm making sleep a priority. I'm meditating, or at least trying to. I've learned to say no. I enjoy more small moments than I did before because I've slowed down. All of this makes me wonder if a magic pill would really be the best for me. Maybe not but if it was available I would certainly take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment