Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What My Dreamland Gives Me #MHAMBC


The day 3 prompt is: Tell us about a recurrent dream and what it might say or mean to your diagnosis.

For me dreamland is a place of freedom and exploration. A place where I do all kinds of crazy things like fly and travel instantly from visiting with old friends to teaching a class of cats. A place where time and space are not linear and things don't usually make much sense. A place of emotion and pure possibilities. Dreamland is my respite from my chronic pain and all the accompanying symptoms. In fact there has been only one instance of me having a migraine in my dream.

I don't know that any of the handful of recurrent dreams have any application to what my chronic migraines and fibromyalgia are putting me through. At least not beyond the general sense of freedom I feel when dreaming. Wouldn't it be spectacular to be free from all the pain, nausea, brain fog, tingling, and such in real life?

As great as that would be, I have to say my dreamland is pretty darn vivid. I can hear, smell, see, feel and touch this world whenever I'm there. Even though dreamland can't exist in real life I'm extremely lucky to be able to visit there regularly. It is a place of inspiration. Most of all, it gives me hope that there is an existence well beyond what we are able to realize in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment