Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Skype in the New Year


I got to thinking today about how I had wanted to see so many of my friends during my recent trip to Minnesota but ended up not being able to because of how I was feeling. Being able to sit down and talk with my friends is a great stress reliever. Good, old friends are a wonderful treasure and I am so very thankful for the ones I have. Lamenting on this vein for a while today it occurred to me that I should be taking advantage of the Skype technology to do the next best thing; video chatting with my friends.

I don't know why I didn't start doing this in 2010 when we got a web cam. I don't even know if all of my friends have web cams too, but I bet some do. In the year ahead I am going to make the most of all the technologies I have to enjoy more communication with my wonderful friends. It can only bring my life joy and have a positive effect on my health. Why wouldn't I?

Don't you love technology?

3 comments:

  1. My grandson lives only 25 minutes away and it was very upsetting that I couldn't get out to see him. I started Skyping with him back in September. I bought them a web cam and since then it has been heaven. He finally knows me when I do get to see him, we catch up on daily things (as much as you can with a 2 year old). But, Skype has been a real life-line for me. I hope you find the same freedom and happiness I have.
    Good luck, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love technology, and am so glad I can see my grandkids goofing off, or hanging out in their living room through a webcam or xbox. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) What happy stories! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete