Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hockey Hubby

My husband plays in an adult hockey league. The games get started pretty late at night and are usually 20-40 minutes away from home. The season goes on all winter long and the games are always on a weeknight. As you may have guessed I haven't been going to his games. I did really want to go watch him play at least one game this season even though he says he isn't very good anymore so that's what I did last night.

Last night's game started as early as they start (8:40pm) so I figured that was my best option. I bundled up because those rinks are always cold and we headed way out for the game. The "seats" were really just hard cold benches with no backing. Plus they were sticky and dirty. I don't know much about hockey so had a hard time following the game and following my husband on the ice. With all the gear and the helmet and face mask it was just so hard to tell him from the others unless his back was to me, which wasn't much. 

As fun as it was to watch him and to see him in all his hockey gear I don't think I'll be going to any more games. My butt, back and neck still hurt from sitting on those benches for so long. Lots to gentle stretches and rest are in order for today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm aching just thinking of you sitting on a backless bench. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounded neat - hockey cannot be an easy game to play!!! Ice skating alone is not easy. I think the benches are why a lot of folks have those stadium fold up seats they use!!!

    ReplyDelete