Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Relief

Today I am feeling a tremendous sense of relief as I found out that my application for disability has been approved! My medical expenses continue to rise each year as does the cost of everything else, but my husband's pay (like so many others) is not rising at the same rate. Ever since I've been unable to work because of my migraines and Fibromyalgia we have struggled financially and it seems to get worse each year.

With the very large deductible having started over in January and my annual premium coming due at the beginning of April this assistance will make all the difference. I just feel like a weight has been lifted off my very stressed self.

Another bit of good news arrived over the weekend in the form of a letter from my insurance company. Apparently the appeal from my doctor's office over the 2nd round of Botox injections was successful and they have given an okay to receive it again.

Frankly, I'm feeling incredibly lucky and so very thankful for these two big blessings.

8 comments:

  1. Yay congrats! How did you go about applying for it? I am considering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCELLENT news!!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is a huge milestone to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! So glad to hear you were approved for both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That M Word, I just called the social security office and set an appointment to apply, and they guided me through the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you have been approved!!!! That is wonderful! I know without it, I would be homeless because I, like you, can not work full time anymore. the pain is just too much. Also congratulations on the next round of botox! I sure hope it works for you!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some great news! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear that you were approved! Yay! Good luck with the Botox 2.0!

    ReplyDelete