Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Something To Hold On To

Things are returning to normal around here after a great visit with my mom. While she was here I prioritized spending my energy with her and things around the house waited for me. My fatigue and such have been worse since the Botox I got last week so I've been moving slower than usual.

I continue to be surprised at how different this round of Botox has been than the last. The pain from the injections is still present though it is starting to go down, or I'm starting to adjust to it - who knows. The back of my neck is now completely useless so I've had to adjust the way I do things. The hardest thing to do now is wash my face. I simply can't hold my head up and I can't seem to find a good way to wash it at the sink. Perhaps I'll have to start washing it in the shower.

My eye brows are still drooping but at least the entire brow is now low instead of just the inside. Much better than the angry look I had initially.

I actually feel a little more hopeful that the Botox will impact my migraines this time around because it has been so different from my previous round. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but a migrainista needs something to hold on to, right?

3 comments:

  1. We sure do "need(s) something to hold on to, right?" Keeping a good thought for the success of the second round of BoTox; I'd love to see you do the happy dance one sunny afternoon. Happy Spring 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on baby! Wishful thinking is better than helpless hopeless thinking.

    ReplyDelete