Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

What To Do?

My biofeedback doc asked me a question today that sort of reframed things for me. She asked how often I go out and do something fun for myself. I do things I enjoy, but they are almost always at home because going out is often so taxing. I realized that when I have energy and feel up to doing stuff, usually that energy is spent doing stuff around the house, going to visit family or doing something with my husband.

With so much that goes undone during all the time I'm not feeling up to doing anything, I feel like I should my "available" time getting them done. Since my Botox injections have made doing much of the biowork difficult she suggested I use the next couple of months to do some things outside the home just for pleasure. The ultimate goal being to destress a bit, sort of bring down all my inner tensions, which may help to bring down my muscular tensions.

Worth a try. I've certainly tried many less pleasant and costly things to feel better.

Now I just need to figure out what to do. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. St.Louis is big, I'm sure you have a zoo...and maybe a Natural History Museum??? These are things I would do for fun if there wasn't a beach around, lol. I'd check for state parks, amusement parks, the library...things like that. Have fun picking something to do, and ENJOY it! It's going to make a big difference! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Della. You could do an online search to find out different things to do near your home. You might even consider checking out LivingSocial and/or Groupon for good deals on trying new things. I went to a painting party a couple months ago... you don't have to be a painter (it's great for beginners)... you just go, an instructor walks the group through the steps to create a painting. It was a lot of fun. I hope you find some amazing things to try, and that you find that it helps relieve some stress.

    ReplyDelete