Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Welcome Spring!

Spring has certainly arrived. The flowering trees are in bloom, the grass and trees are all turning a brilliant green, we're getting all kinds of rain and the weather is now consistently warmish. I've gotten all my summer clothes out and am about as ready as can be for the coming summer.

I love this time of year, almost as much as I love fall. The only real bummer is that instead of going into winter, we're going into summer - a rather brutal time of year for this migrainista. This year I'm focusing on doing some indoor growing of edible greens for our sweet little rabbit. I bet we can save some money if I can grow most of his greens.

Other than the growing I am going to attempt to strip and refinish a small table this spring. I don't know if I'll be able to make it work between my headaches, my lack of back neck muscles and the increasingly warm temps but I'll try to make it happen.

What are you plans for this Spring season?

2 comments:

  1. Rupert is going to love having fresh greens to eat! That is awesome!

    Take your time on the refinishing project, and don't over do it. You can do a little at a time, and hopefully not hurt yourself too bad.

    This is my fave time of the year, too. It's nice and warm, but no humidity yet.

    I don't pack my summer clothes up because I wear them throughout the year. We didn't really have winter this year.

    I need to get some more perennials to add to my flower beds, and I'm adding veggies into my beds as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to finish (re)basting, quilting and binding my current project. Crochet lots of blankets for my coming grandbaby.
    Use stashes of yarn and fabric I have been given to make personal gifts for those I love.
    Lose that last ten pounds of grief weight and walk miles in the cool weather.
    Love with all my heart those I have chosen and those who have chosen me.

    ReplyDelete