So many doctors, so few good fits. Is there a perfect one out there for each of us? The pessimist in me says no, and even if there were, what are the chances you could access him or her. But a girl can dream...
If I were to design the perfect migraine doctor for myself she would be:
- a good listener
- very knowledgeable about migraines
- up on all the latest research
- doing some research herself
- able to take into account what I know about my body
- working in a practice with excellent office staff and nurses
- easy to get in touch with when you have unexpected problems or concerns
- not so busy that I can't get an appointment for several months
- have great bedside manner
I've seen all of these traits over the years, just never in the same doc. A girl can dream can't she?
"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."