Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

You are beautiful - #NMAM #NMAMBC


Today I'm supposed to write a love letter to myself. This is a tough one. Even though I am incredibly thankful for all the blessings in my life, when I think about myself I often think about all the ways my body has failed me.

I guess that makes today's prompt an important exercise for me. So...here it goes.

Dear Self,

Even though your body doesn't cooperate you need to remember that you are still a good person and still capable of contributing to this world. I want you to be kinder to yourself, not just in your actions but also in your thoughts.

In the six plus years since Chronic Migraines and Fibromyalgia took hold of your body you have continued to press forward. You have become a good cook and have helped to improve the overall health of your family. You have revamped your workouts to be manageable in this new situation. You started blogging, managing to maintain it for 2 1/2 years now and counting. You have adopted a rabbit in need of a home. You have designed a cozy environment for you and your family to live in. You have put together two family photo share sites.

You take good care of your husband and pets. You are a good friend. You are a good wife. You are kind to people. You have maintained your sense of humor and are able to laugh at yourself even more than you did before. You are creative. And you still have hopes and dreams.

You are truly doing the best you can everyday. You haven't given up. 

Always remember you are loving, you are loved and you are blessed. 

Love Yourself

"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and so right on target. We are hard on ourselves and we should be kinder and more gentle. I love that you gave a rabbit a home. i think rabbits are super pets and when my cat goes off to catnip-eternity, I may have a rabbit next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda! We love having a rabbit - I would highly recommend it.

      Delete