Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Golden Age Indeed


During this year's Emmy celebrations the question has been posed over and over: Are we in the middle of a new golden age of television? I think the answer is clearly yes. In fact I would suggest that it is the first golden age of television but that's an entirely different discussion. 

There is certainly a whole lot of truly terrible crap on TV but mixed in with all the crap are some amazing gems. Shows that are smart, creative, funny, scary, nail biters, beautiful and overall just well done. Shows that don't follow the same old formula that has been fed to us year after year. 

Hubby and I don't spend nearly as much time watching movies as we do watching our favorite TV series. Movies are frequently a disappointment. Every year a few stick out but most of them feel like a waste of time. But those series... Season after season, hour after hour, we just grow more attached to the characters, more enthralled in the story, more excited to see what comes next. And it's not just one or two shows. We have a long list of series that we love.



















In addition to these wonderful gems there are a plenty of entertaining, fun shows that make me laugh and keep me distracted from my pain and other symptoms. Plus, we can't forget about all the wonderful home and design shows that draw me in, give me great ideas and inspire me to create beautiful spaces of my own. 

I sincerely hope that this is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment