Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

This New Year Marks the 5th Anniversary of This Blog

The start of the first full week of the new year always seems to mark the end of the holiday season. Things are now starting to return to normal and for me that means back to regular blogging. Between all the birthdays, holiday gatherings and a new year's weekend visit from my mom I've just not been able to do a whole lot of blogging the last few weeks. It always feels strange to be away for a period of time and then so good to return to it. I've missed all of you. 

The start of 2015 also marked the 5 year anniversary of this blog. An anniversary I can't help but feel good about. Especially when I think back to all the uncertainty I felt that first year. I didn't know how people would find my little blog. Even if they found me I didn't know if anyone would be interested in what I had to say. Heck, I didn't even know if I would have enough to say to continue for any length of time. I just started writing. I was going through something strange and horrible and I wanted to talk about it and find others who were living with chronic pain. 

Honestly, I'm surprised that I didn't run out of things to say years ago. Surprised and delighted because the past 5 years with all of you have been wonderful. 

I've loved sharing my journey. Even more I've loved getting to know the amazing women and men in the online chronic pain community. I've been blessed by your support, kindness, encouragement and experience. I've learned from you and grown as a result.

I want to extend a heart felt thank you to each and every one of you for the past 5 years.  



3 comments: