Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My Favorite Hope Quote #MHAMBC

The start of June is also the start of Headache and Migraine Awareness Month. 
Despite doing my spring round-up yesterday, I am participating in the American Headache and Migraine Association's annual blog challenge starting today. I wanted to back up a bit and follow yesterday's topic: Favorite Hope Quote. Here it is.

"He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skills. Our antagonist is our helper." By Edmund Burke

I sort of view my chronic migraines as an antagonist in my life. I'm constantly doing battle with it. I want to do things but I can't because of my migraines. I want to go places but I can't because of my migraines. I want to have a conversation without stumbling over myself because of my migraines. You get the idea.

My life is severely complicated by chronic migraines. Instead of just focusing on all I can't do and all the losses (past, present and future), I like to think that there is some benefit to this struggle. For me, this feels hopeful. 

For example, I never would have started this blog if not for my chronic migraines. I never would have connected with all of you. 

I don't know what is coming in the future but this quote infuses me with a sense of hope that the struggles of today are strengthening me in preparation for my future. 

The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association." - See more at: http://www.ahmablog.com/#sthash.o9kDKvet.dpuf

 

No comments:

Post a Comment