Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Plan

Today is better. I feel like my husband and I are back on the same page.

The oppressive heat wave that continues to linger over St Louis (along with much of the country) continues to keep me indoors. I've cut back to just one trip to the hospital each day, which is a little easier on me. I've been going down around lunch time and staying for a couple of hours and keeping her company while she eats. I know she has my uncle during breakfast and some combination of cousins and my aunt and uncle in the evening. As much as I would like to spend more time down there, at least I know that she is not alone when I'm not there. She seems to have stabilized and will likely be discharged on Monday.

Hopefully things will return to normal after that. In the meantime I'm going to just try to be kind to myself. To ensure that happens maybe it would be best to make a plan for kindness. I'm going to come up with 3 kind things I'll do for myself this weekend. Let's see...
1. Eat lots of cookies and cream ice cream
2. Do no laundry
3. Have a date with my husband - out of the house

What are you plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what my plans are yet, but yours sound wonderful. Enjoy!!!

    Glad G'ma is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that today was better for you. I hope you continue to place your self-care at the top of your to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better. And, that you've been able to spend time with her. I'm sure she appreciates you being there with her.

    I do hope that you're kind to yourself, especially with so much going on. Take care.

    ReplyDelete