Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Welcome Back Instant Streaming

It took some doing but I finally managed to solve the Roku issue and it meant switching to a Sony Media Player. Back when we first got our Roku it was the only option for bringing Netflix to the TV and since then they have started requiring you leave them your credit card number in order to start streaming anything. If you want you can purchase MLB games or other movies and such, on demand but we pay for our Netflix and we can watch all that we want for that low monthly fee. We are never going to purchase movies or games through the Roku even though it is now available. And I sure as hell am not about to give Roku my credit card number just in case I decide to down the road.

Seriously! COME ON! I don't just go around giving my credit card info to people for no reason at all. I don't know why they feel it is appropriate to require that but there is no way that will happen.

Fortunately there are now several ways to get your Netflix streaming so I don't have to get a new Roku. The Sony player isn't quite as user friendly but it sure gets the job done. Just in time too as I'm feeling pretty rotten today and plan to spend most of it watching movies and such.

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have given the a CC# either. That's crazy. Fortunately there are other options. I'm glad you found one! My kids watch through their video game systems. I catch a movie occasionally, when the DVD gets delivered, and it's something I'm interested in.

    I know I won't be watching Dateline or anything suspenseful for a while!

    Get some rest, I hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the email from Netflix about them changing the plans/prices in a couple months? What the heck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's a bummer that the prices are going up. But I figure even at $20/month, which is what it will cost us to do what we do now, it is still a pretty good deal. We get 2 sometimes 3 movies by mail each week and watch stuff streaming every day.

    Still a whole lot cheaper than even basic cable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, that's true. I just wish they would just keep what they have now. They still have to be making good money. Otherwise, they need to have more things with streaming AND DVD, so that people that only have one or the other can still see the same shows/movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, that would be nice. I would love to just stream but there are still so many movies and shows that are only available on DVD.

    ReplyDelete