Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Anger and #Migraines #MHAMBC

It would be impossible to live with chronic migraines and not experience anger and resentment. The list of things that make me angry or cause me to feel resentful is extensive. But I don't want to dwell on that right now. Instead I want to talk about how I deal with it.

In general I believe these emotions need to be felt, explored a bit and eventually let go of. Easier said than done, especially when the thing sparking your anger isn't a single event but rather a constant assault, like with chronic migraines. 

I've found blogging and reading other chronic pain blogs has been a positive way to explore and express some of the anger and resentment that results from all the loss. The sense of community actually helps to take some of the sting away. Then, often, my exhaustion over dealing with the angry feelings is enough to help me let go of it for a time. But it always bubbles back up, being constantly retriggered (just like my migraines).

June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project ofFightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

2 comments:

  1. My migraine anger seems to flair mainly around family members' REFUSAL to understand or validate my situation. It reads to me as they just don't care about ME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always read it that way too. It's hard not to take it personally. Thanks for sharing Laurie!

      Delete