Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 7 Migraine Awareness Month #MHAM

I have to admit that I feel like crap all the time. Some days are obviously worse than others but there is never a day when I am free from all the symptoms of my chronic migraines AND fibromyalgia. It's just the reality of my life now. Depending on how bad I'm feeling on any given day and if I'm going out in public or not, I have some tricks to help me look like a normal person.

The lowest level of the fake is what I do exclusively for myself even on really bad days (not on the very worst of days): Eye Brightener. These years of intense migraines and sleep difficulties have taken a toll on my eyes. Not only do they usually hurt but they always look like they hurt. I have dark circles under and redness all around my eyes. Merely catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror can make me feel worse with my eyes like this. But I found that spending just 60 seconds dabbing a little eye brightener (I use Revlon PhotoReady Eye Brightener/Primer) around my eyes makes a huge difference. It makes seeing myself a positive experience. 

The next level of the fake is again mostly for myself but also for running an errand when I can pull it together: Eye Brightener and a little Blush. The impact doing these two very simple, very quick things is impressive. I may not look great but, really, I'm not looking to impress anyone at the grocery store. I just want to look like I am somewhat pulled together.

The highest level of the fake is for when I don't feel so bad AND I have an event to attend: Eye Brightener, Blush, Eye Liner and a Curling Iron. Even on the best of days I don't have the energy and will to spend a bunch of time applying all kinds of make-up. I've found that I can really pull off a good fake with just these three quick make-up elements and providing my hair with a little direction. The great thing about my hair is that it wants to curl so it doesn't take much to talk it into cooperating. 

No matter what I will never be one of those women with perfect hair and make-up. I'm okay with it though because I feel like I've figured out how to maximize my look using minimal products, time and energy. 

I would have liked to show you a before and after pictures here but I'm 7 days into a stretch of really bad days so it'll have to wait. You understand how it goes.

June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project ofFightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

1 comment: