Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 8 Migraine Awareness Month #MHAM

When in the throes of a migraine, as I often find myself, food is far from my mind. I still get hungry and remain aware that I need to eat but between the pain, fatigue and mostly the nausea, eating is a real challenge. Far too often taking a few bites of something yummy will kick the always present nausea into overdrive, shutting the whole thing down.

It is this very dynamic that makes even maintaining my weight a huge challenge. Gaining enough weight to return to the normal weight I was 7 years ago seems like an impossibility. Whenever doctors talk about weight gain as a possible side effect of a medication I find myself crossing my fingers that I would be lucky enough to have that side effect. Unfortunately it never really works out.

Don't get me wrong, I love food. I love cooking and eating it. I've even enjoyed just learning about food as I have since giving up meat a few years back. I try to load up as much as possible on days when the pain isn't too intense. When I can, here are a few of my favorite recipes:

Kale Pesto Pasta

Lemon Cheesecake

Brownie Bit Cookies

Veggie Fried Rice

Veggie Enchilada 

Tahini Orange Cookies

Sweet Potato Pie

Veggie Lo-Mein

June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project ofFightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment