Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Brownie Bite Cookies

I went on a hunt for a new dessert item earlier this week that I could make. I found this recipe in one of my vegan cookbooks for Brownie Bite Cookies that sounded good. It can be made as cookies or as brownies and I decided to go the brownie route. I went ahead and switched out the vegan butter for regular so it is no longer a vegan recipe.


At first I wasn't that sure about the taste. It had a very unexpected flavor but by the time I was finished with my first piece I decided that I like them - more and more with each piece. They are not really like brownies other than the fact they are baked in the same kind of pan and are brown. I would consider them more like bars as they are fairly thin and not cake-ish like brownies are.


Brownie Bit Cookies
Non-stick cooking spray
1/3 C Butter
1/2 C + 2 T sugar
1 t Vanilla Extract
2 T Greek Vanilla Yogurt
3/4 C Flour
1/4 C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/8 t Baking soda
1/4 t Baking powder
1/4 t Salt


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
spray 8" square baking dish
In a large bowl use mixer to cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy.
Stir in vanilla & yogurt.
Sift the four, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda on top of the wet ingredients. Stir.

Cover the bottom of the baking dish with mixture and bake for 10 minutes or until the sides start to pull away.
They don't look so great - but it is really tasty. They were gone in less than 24 hours so I'm on my way to make another batch right now.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I'm totally going to try that! I always have a ton of Greek yogurt on hand and I love recipes that include it. That one looks especially delicious. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete