Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Laughing Through #Migraines #MHAMBC

I love to laugh. Who doesn't? More than that, laughing has become an important method for coping with my chronic migraines and fibromyalgia.

It's well known that laughter has positive effects on both the body and the mind. While that is certainly a big part of how it helps me cope, I've also found that comedies provide a wonderful distraction from the pain, fatigue, anxiety, sadness...all the crap. Even when I can't bring myself to actually laugh, a good comedy can still amuse me, lift my spirits and distract me from whatever symptoms are bringing me down.

Here is a list of some of the great comedies that I like to cope to:

Saturday Night Live
Arrested Development
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
South Park
Family Guy
The Big Bang Theory
30 Rock
The Wonder Years
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Jerk
Various stand up comedians
When Harry Met Sally
The Bachelor/Bachelorette
The Soup

This list is by no means complete but you get the idea. What makes you laugh?

June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project ofFightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment