Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Feeling Seriously Funky

Boy do I feel funky. I was warned that when coming off of the last med that my migraines would get worse for a while and boy have they. I've had a really bad migraine for the past 3 days. I can't treat them all because I'm still limited to just 9 rescue meds in a month. Yesterday I didn't treat it and by early evening it had gotten pretty ugly. By the time I woke up the pain was so out of control, I stumbled out of bed and collected all the rescue drugs in my arsenal and began taking them all. Today I also started on the new medication, Neurontin, and between the crazy pain, migraine brain and all the medication I've taken, I'm in quite a state. I feel out of it and altered, exhausted. Today will definitely be one to write off. I hope the rest of the week isn't going to be as funky as this.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so, so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine. =\ I hope you're hanging in there and that the medications are doing their job. I hope the Neurontin starts working out for you soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't let the pain get out of hand, they can just knock you out at the ER if they have too!! Worried about you my friend! Neurontin has helped my headache a little bit so hoping it will help yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What WNPP said: don't let the pain get ahead of you. It is enough to deal with new meds and side effects. You don't need extra pain on top of that.

    ReplyDelete