Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Brain Fog and Laughter

The fog in my brain has been particularly thick these past few days. I don't know what brought it on, I'm not having more pain than usual or anything like that. Whatever the reason I've decided instead of getting upset at myself for this fog that I can't control I'm going to embrace it.
It is said that ignorance is bliss. Maybe I can learn to see my fog as a bliss as well. I've come to realize that this fog doesn't equate to a lack of intelligence or even ignorance. Rather it is like forgetting why you came into a room, or where you left your keys. Information is getting lost. We all know it's still there and that it will turn up.

I think I should start trying to have fun with it, you know, learn to laugh at myself when my brain decides to fail me. When I get frustrated and angry about the fog I get more tense and that can't make it any easier for my brain to function. What better way is there to release tensions than to laugh?

Well I can think of one, but laughing might be the more appropriate coping mechanism for this situation.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Laughing may be more appropriate at times!

    It is really frustrating when brain fog causes you to listen, but not absorb or understand what is being/has been said. It makes people think you aren't paying any attention to them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had serious brain fog for almost seven weeks now since my concussion. Apparently it will ease up over time, but this is such a busy time of the year - I really don't have time for fog!!!!

    The Fog, along with the ringing in my left ear is making me crazy. Concussions - Bleh.

    ReplyDelete