Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

'Tis the Season

The old saying "It's better to give than to receive" really is true. I'm having such a good time right now thinking of gifts and wrapping them up. My husband and I don't have much money to spend on Christmas gifts so I've become pretty creative at pulling stuff together inexpensively; baking goods, sales, crafting projects and the like. I actually think this makes the whole process even more enjoyable for me because I put so much time and effort into it.

I always seem to end up so excited about giving my gifts and watching them be opened. I even get excited about our Christmas cards. My husband is a wiz on photoshop so we like to come up with fun ideas for our cards. This year he put our heads into the American Gothic picture. He put our dog up in the window of the farmhouse and he put our rabbit coming out of the pocket of his overalls. Our aim is always to make our loved ones laugh.

I just love Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas cards!!! That sounds so cool, and is so very creative!

    I love giving handmade gifts, too. I think they mean more not only to me as the gifter, but they mean a lot to the giftee as well because it shows how much you care. Anyone can go buy something, but a handmade gift is special.

    What have you been crafting????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm putting together a gift basket for my aunt and uncle, decorating it, making the grass to stuff it with and fashioning a cloth to cover/wrap it. I've also been doing a lot of baking.

    ReplyDelete