Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

This and That

I'm sitting out today's activities. Yesterday was a big day with 4 hours on the road and 3 hours out in the sun of Monticello, then running some errands before returning home again. As you might imagine I'm very sore and pretty tired still. Today the plan was to go see the Cardinals play the Nationals but that would actually call for 1 1/2 hours on the Metro (one way), 3 hours or so in a small hard ballpark chair in the heat, humidity, sun (poor air-quality alert) and then a return Metro trip more like 2 hours. I just couldn't put myself through that, especially considering I have my first PT appointment first thing in the morning tomorrow.





So I'm here at home, getting all my PT paperwork together and resting up for the Primetime Emmy's tonight. Since I spend so much time these days watching shows I get more excited about seeing these award programs. It's more interesting when you are familiar with most of the programs and actors. I might even enjoy a 1/2 hour or so of red carpet hoopla beforehand. This is what you would call an unintended consequence of chronic pain. A good nap in the near future will go a long way toward helping me stay awake until the end so I'll go ahead and add that to my agenda.





What are you up to today? Are you going to be watching tonight? Did you have a good weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment