Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Uffda!



Uffda, yesterday was a tough one. I had an unusually bad migraine that no amount of medication was able to help with. The whole day was a throw away.

Today I'm feeling a bit more normal and am even getting a couple things done. I went back to the GI doc this morning for a follow up and none too soon as I've just been feeling so awful lately. My CT scan showed that things are mostly normal and okay outside of what she described as a very small kidney stone. The worsening symptoms lead her to believe that I may have an ulcer or inflammation in my system, which would make sense as I have been taking a great deal of Ibuprofen and Imitrex over the years. She's prescribed an acid reducer and will do an endoscopy in 2 weeks to see what's going on.


I'm trying to get caught up reading blog posts and such but am quite tired after just 20 minutes. It might take me a another day to get through it all but I guess there is no hurry.


How are all of you doing this week?

7 comments:

  1. OMG - NOT a KIDNEY STONE!!!

    I did find out I had H Pylori from an endoscopy so they can be useful. Here's hoping an acid reducer or other GI meds work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a nearly normal day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that's uncomfortable, to say the least. I haven't had a kidney stone, but ulcers, definitely. I wish there was a cure all for all of us sickies, maybe in the distant future.

    I've had insomnia for the last 4 nights, but I'll live!

    I actually dropped by to see if you would accept a blog award from me. You can see, and get it here. http://delsshells.blogspot.com

    Take care my friend!
    Hugs,
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about the possible kidney stone! I'm actually having a migraine right now and waiting for medication to start working. I think the change in the seasons has triggered them lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I'm going through the exact same thing! Something awful is going on in my stomach. My co workers tried to force me to go to the ER on Tuesday bc the upper abdominal pain and chest pain was so bad and I've been short of breath....but I refused. Took double doses of prilosec...felt a little better yesterday..but am terribly uncomfortable again today. I am assuming it's from the NSAIDS and all the other crap I take for my head ruining my tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it makes sense that we would have to deal with ulcers considering out meds. Thanks for all your support friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon.....good luck with all the tests.

    I just got back from a round of really aggressive Botox injections. I had to go out of town for them, so add early pre-dawn flights into the mix and I feel like crap. The doc did say that I should expect some flu-like symptoms for a day or two, so maybe this is just that feeling.

    My whole head aches, instead of my usual right temple classic pain. I'm taking that as a good sign - if the treatment had not worked at all, I think the pain would be more typical. I just don't know anymore.

    Anyway, I'll be thinking of you over the next few weeks....

    ReplyDelete